Latest developments around a key instrument in the Climate Agreement
Carbon Capture, Utilisation and Storage (CCUS) is regarded by many scientists as a key tool to reach the climate agreement goals. In all scenarios of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) and the International Energy Agency (IEA), CCUS is viewed as essential to a cost-effective energy transition.
In this intensive 3-day expedition, top experts offer an overview of the entire Carbon Capture, Utilisation and Storage value chain and the opportunities it offers. It looks in particular at the latest developments in the dynamic CCUS market. On the last day a site visit is planned to Technology Centre Mongstad, the world´s most advanced and flexible test arena for CO2 capture technologies.
How you benefit
- Comprehensive understanding of the CCUS value chain
- Learn more about the latest findings and techniques in CCUS through experts from the ConsenCUS project
- Network with experts and peers
- Site visit to Technology Centre Mongstad; the world´s most advanced and flexible test arena for CO2 capture technologies
This programme is in cooperation with:
About the programme
The CCUS Expedition offers a unique overview of all currently available technologies for capturing, transporting, storing and utilising CO2.
It also discusses the most relevant economic parameters, the regulatory framework and a number of innovative new projects and includes a business case in which all topics come together. You will also learn about the latest findings and techniques in CCUS developed in the international ConsenCUS project
Download the brochure to find more information about the programme.
What you learn
- Understanding of CCUS value chain
- Latest on the most promising CCUS projects and techniques
- Role of CCUS in Dutch climate policy.
Who should attend
This introductory programme is particularly interesting for people who want to get a comprehensive overview of CCUS. Recommended for advanced students it offers the possibility to get up to date on the latest developments in CCUS. For all professionals working in the energy value chain such as:
- Strategic analysts and business developers
- Business analysts
- Legal advisors and consultants (Renewable) energy producers
- Regulators and policymakers Academics
- Lecture 1 Monday 26 June 2023 Lecture 2 Tuesday 27 June 2023 Lecture 3 Wednesday 28 June 2023
- LocationTechnology Centre Mongstad in Mongstad, Norway
Earl Goetheer is a professor at TU Delft (specialisation: energy storage) and chief technology officer at High Tech XL (a venture building company). He holds a PhD in chemical engineering from Eindhoven University of Technology and an MSc in organic chemistry and process technology from Wageningen University. In his career (including as Principal Scientist at TNO) of more than 20 years in chemical technology, he has participated in a number of major international research programmes in carbon capture and utilisation (CCUS) technology (CASTOR, CESAR, CAPRICE, OCTAVIUS, ICAP). He has published more than 100 scientific papers and holds more than 60 patents in the field of process engineering.
One of the experts from ConsenCUS will teach you more about the latest findings of and techniques developed in the 4-year international innovation project under EU Horizon 2020. It explores how electrochemically driven carbon capture and conversion innovations can combine safe transport and/or safe storage through economically viable networks and clusters, with a specific focus on the interaction of local communities with technological developments.
You can easily register online for this programme.