Discover the dynamics of gas, explore the future
The gas market is undergoing several transformations at once. The rapid growth of LNG production is turning previously fragmented gas markets into a global competitive commodity market. At the same time, the role of gas is impacted by the transition to a zero-emission, low-carbon energy system.
This 3-day course provides a complete overview of the current dynamics in all parts of the gas value chain. It also looks at how the role of gas may evolve in the energy system of the future.
How you benefit
- Comprehensive overview of gas markets
- Perspective on future challenges and opportunities
- Acquire international network of peers and experts in gas
- Social and networking opportunities
Date to be confirmed.
This programme is in cooperation with:
About the programme
This three-day course given by a highly experienced business professional, specialised economist and author, Andrej Pustišek, takes you on a tour of all the key processes and dynamics of the gas value chain. It looks at the roles of the various stakeholders, analyses international commercialisation strategies, and dives into the impacts of EU energy and climate polices on gas markets.
It includes an online preparatory course of one hour per week starting one month before the physical course.
What you learn
- Identify key aspects of gas exploration, production, transmission and commercialisation
- Understand current energy market dynamics and their implications for the future
- Recognise evolving business models for pipeline gas and LNG
- Assess role of gas in low-carbon economy
- Identify risks and new opportunities in gas
- Acquire an international network of peers with similar interests
Who should attend?
This programme is for professionals who are relatively new to the gas business and want to acquire a comprehensive overview of how gas markets actually work:
- Young professionals new to the gas industry
- Specialists (e.g. traders, business developers) who want to get an integrated view of the gas business
- Mid-career to senior-level professionals new to the gas industry
- Technical and/or operational staff moving into commercial roles
- Legal and finance professionals working in the gas industry
- Lecture 1 Wednesday 19 April 2023 date to be confirmed Lecture 2 Thursday 20 April 2023 date to be confirmed Lecture 3 Friday 21 April 2023 date to be confirmed
- LocationAthens, Greece
Dr Andrej Pustišek teaches energy economics at the University of Applied Sciences, Stuttgart, Germany and at the University of Karlsruhe (KIT), Germany. He owns a consulting company providing services to international natural gas and energy companies. From 2002 to 2012, he worked for E.ON Ruhrgas, first as Senior Vice President International Natural Gas Sales and from 2008 as Senior Vice President Portfolio Management.
Enrique Morales established ISVA Oil and Gas consultancy in 2011, after working in the Oil and Gas Industry, predominantly with Royal Dutch Shell plc, where he last occupied the position of Vice President Reserves Assurance and Reporting.
Enrique has a broad range of experience, skills and knowledge in dealing with Technical, Economic, Commercial, Operational, Regulatory and Legal aspects of the Oil and Gas business, developed through many international assignments and job positions, especially in the area of reserves estimation, classification, review, assurance and reporting. Enrique has a BSc degree from the University of Tulsa (Oklahoma, USA) in Petroleum Engineering and two Master degrees from Stanford University (California, USA) in Petroleum Engineering and Operations Research.
Cristiano Francese has more than 10 years of work experience in the energy business. Throughout his career, he worked across regulatory and policy development, as well as commercial and business development activities, in both natural gas and renewable energy sector. He worked closely in multiple functions with a variety of organizations from major corporations to governments and energy regulatory agencies. He supported their commercial development, business model evolution, project development, regulatory analysis among many other areas of their business.