The current and future role of energy investment, finance, and risk
Transitioning to a carbon-neutral economy will require trillions of investments in renewable energies and new technologies, making financing a key to the energy transition. How does this compare to the current role of energy, where fossil resources are still an important and essential part? And how sustainable will the future of finance be? The post-COVID-19 recovery period and the current geopolitical situation will bring extra challenges and opportunities to this financial transformation of the European economy.
During the programme, veteran energy policy expert Bert Stuij will give you on an in-depth look at the financing of the energy transition. Financial experts from Deloitte, ABN AMRO, RVO & Edelweiss Renewables Advisors, and other leading organisations will discuss the latest developments and trends on financing new energy projects.
How you benefit
- Gain understanding of the current role of energy on finance and risk
- Gain understanding of the far-reaching financial ramifications of the energy transition
- Get up to speed on how post-COVID-19 recovery plans, EU policies, and the current geopolitical situation will affect the financing of the energy transition
- Gain practical experience on financing new energy projects from seasoned experts in the field
- Connect and interact with international experts and peers
About the programme
With climate policies and targets largely in place, the key to the next phase of the global energy transition lies in generating the massive investment needed to accelerate sustainable energy production and distribution and boost energy efficiency.
Energy policy expert Bert Stuij takes participants on a tour of the energy value chain, with a special focus on the financing and investment requirements of the energy transition. He discusses how financing is organised and what opportunities exist, how recent developments, such as the post-COVID-19 recovery period, the Russia-Ukraine crisis and the current geopolitical situation, the EU Green Deal are likely to impact the financing of sustainable energy markets and technologies.
This programme integrates the benefits of theoretical material, practical study cases, and discussions, where actual examples will be contemplated.
Download the brochure to find more information about the programme.
What you learn
- Get a clear understanding of the current role of energy in finance
- Get a clear understanding of the financial ramifications of the energy transition
- Learn how the EU Green Deal and the future in finance may impact the energy transition
- Identify opportunities and risks
- Interact online with international experts and peers
- The latest developments of ESG
- Negotiation skills
Who should attend
This programme is meant for mid-career professionals in the energy and/or financial sectors who want to get up to date with the latest financial developments and trends in the energy transition. Specifically, the programme is interesting for:
- Financial and energy analysts
- Financial advisors and energy business consultants
- Business developers / Account managers
- Project managers
- Lecture 1 Wednesday 24 April 2024 Date and location to be confirmed Lecture 2 Thursday 25 April 2024 Date and location to be confirmed Lecture 3 Friday 26 April 2024 Date and location to be confirmed
- LocationThe Netherlands
Bert Stuij (MSc.) is Senior Expert at our Business School and Manager National Programmes/Energy at the Netherlands Enterprise Agency RVO, a government institution. Stuij works on our programme development and education with a specific focus on energy transition. At RVO, Stuij is responsible for renewable energy, energy efficiency and energy innovation policy. In 2022 he takes part in the Expert Team Energy Systems 2050 of the ministry of Climate and Energy of the Dutch National Government. Previously Stuij worked in the private sector for Shell and at various semi-private institutions (Novem) and government agencies (SenterNovem, AgentschapNL).
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax, and related services. With more than 150 years of hard work and commitment to making a real difference, they are the perfect partner to involve as an industry expert in our financial programme.