The essentials of a European Gas TSO and the effect of the energy transition
Europe’s natural gas transmission system operators (TSO) ensure the smooth functioning of Europe’s gas networks, a complex task which is currently subject to a host of regulatory, business and environmental changes.
This three-day course provides insight into the essential responsibilities of gas TSOs and the challenges they are faced with and includes guest lecturers from several European stakeholders like the Agency for the Cooperation of Energy Regulators (ACER), European Network of Gas Transmission System Operators (ENTSOG) and the Florence School of Regulation.
How you benefit
- Understand basics of European gas transmission system operations
- First-hand knowledge from experts in the field
- Assess impact of energy transition on gas transmission in Europe
- Includes e-learning
- Social and networking programme
This programme is in cooperation with:
About the programme
This three-day programme introduces you to the essentials of European gas transmission system operations and the dynamic regulatory and business environment they find themselves in. It will give you an understanding of all responsibilities and capabilities of a gas TSO. Experts from the industry and relevant regulatory agencies will share their knowledge and discuss how their work is impacted by the energy transition.
The programme also looks at the relationships between TSOs and their stakeholders and at the consequences for TSOs of changing gas production patterns, the growing role of LNG, increasingly liquid spot markets, the introduction of sustainable gases into the system and balancing issues.
Download the brochure to find more information about the programme.
What you learn
- Understanding of day-to-day business and operations of gas TSO
- Understanding the impact of regulation on TSOs
- How the energy transition is affecting the role of the TSO within the energy system
- Overview of the European stakeholder landscape for TSOs
- Assess consequences of changing supply patterns on gas infrastructure
- Build a network of peers working for TSOs and related organisations
Who should attend
This is an introductory but specialised programme. It is intended for:
- Young professionals/mid career who have recently started working for a European TSO
- Professionals from related (national and international) regulatory organisations
- Professionals who work at LNG terminals and gas storage facilities
- Staff at gas DSOs who regularly deal with a TSO
- Consultants and analysts
- Lecture 1 Monday 7 November 2022 Lecture 2 Tuesday 8 November 2022 Lecture 3 Wednesday 9 November 2022
- LocationGas Connect Austria in Vienna, Austria
Dr Andrej Pustišek teaches energy economics at the University of Applied Sciences, Stuttgart, Germany and at the University of Karlsruhe (KIT), Germany. He owns a consulting company providing services to international natural gas and energy companies. From 2002 to 2012, he worked for E.ON Ruhrgas, first as Senior Vice President International Natural Gas Sales and from 2008 as Senior Vice President Portfolio Management.